[ale] SuSE disk volumes?

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Thu Jan 10 10:10:00 EST 2019

I haven't messed with btrfs subvolumes yet so I don't get some of the
discussion here, but in its most basic usage what you say here is true -
it behaves like you'd expect.

As for "lying to df," that is the case when btrfs volumes are mounted
compressed. Btrfs has no way to know the compressibility of whatever you
might write to it next; if on a 1TiB partition you've written to it such
that df says it's 90% full, you can subsequently write a LOT more than
100GiB of /dev/zero to it.