[ale] OpenCV 3

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:20:40 EST 2019

Anyone out there interested in exploring computer vision?

I'm on Chapter 4 of  "Learning OpenCV 3: Computer Vision in C++ with the
OpenCV Library" ( Gary Bradsky, Adrian Kaehler, O'reilly Media, December
2016).  I've been doing the problem sets (
http://github.com/lemgandi/opencvsrc ) and pestering my wife with
discussions of strong typing and manual memory management. Plus having the
occasional dream about initialization lists.

I'll be in Alpharetta during rush hour on Wednesdays for some time.  I've
decided to hide out at a Starbucks on Holcomb Bridge Road until traffic
dies down.  If you want to join me there to hack on C++ and OpenCV,  I've
set up a meetup group ( https://www.meetup.com/OpenCV-3-Study-Group/ ).  My
current development environment a Debian Stretch laptop, using g++, emacs,
and xterm with OpenCV 3.4.   Theoretically the library is OS-Agnostic.

-- CHS