[ale] My experiences switching GoDaddy to GreenGeeks

neal at mnopltd.com neal at mnopltd.com
Tue Feb 26 15:04:22 EST 2019

Well, I cannot claim great planning, but my domain is registered with
A2, and I previously used GoDaddy for the mail and servers.

This meant that I could do all the setup on GreenGeeks, then when they
were ready, and had already grabbed our mailboxes, I switched the A2
domain to point to GreenGeeks on a Saturday night, and voila.

If things continue to work ok, I can turn off the Godaddy.  Or I could
even limp back to them.

Had the domain been registered with GoDaddy, I don't think this would
have been so clean.

regards,

Neal