[ale] VLANs and logging

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Thu Apr 18 11:10:57 EDT 2019

Right, I know that they would normally be on untagged ports.  That's the
basics which I understand.  It was my hope that there was a different
method of implementing VLANs that I didn't know about that didn't have
to involve a multihomed router and possibly multihomed devices.  My hope
did not materialize and the only way I knew how is the only way available.

As for DHCP I don't want the DHCP/DNS on the router because the router I
would likely get would not do those functions anyway (being a pure router).