[ale] Computer centric Movies/TV Shows

A. P. Garcia a.phillip.garcia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 23:54:34 EDT 2018

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018, 11:43 PM Simba via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> Yeah but The Net was stupid. Hackers was at least funny :) All the
> characters are lovable and it doesn't even try to take the technology
> seriously.
>
> Of course it's worth remembering that back then literally none of those
> "hollywood" people knew anything about computers. They weren't trying to
> be ironic or anything, it just turned out that way.

I never saw Hackers. I'm not going to argue the merits of The Net. I didn't
particularly like it, but I didn't particularly hate it either. I do kind
of like Sandra Bullock though.

Alas, those Hollywood people haven't improved much. There are some fairly
respectable representations of technology in the media now, but there's
also still a lot of crap.