[ale] New document on Unbound caching DNS server

Joey Kelly joey at joeykelly.net
Fri Sep 14 09:14:36 EDT 2018

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 07:36:00 PM Steve Litt via Ale wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Unbound DNS server is the new kid on the block. A lot of admins are
> replacing BIND9 with Unbound, perhaps plus an authoritative DNS server
> for their domain.

...which is why I have no use for it. I run authoritative DNS.

> More interesting still, a lot of laptop owners are installing Unbound
> to replace their old 8.8.8.8 or per-accesspoint resolvers with a full
> caching DNS, which is more secure, faster, and makes for much faster
> browsing.

BIND does that for me, and has for years. I routinely set it up on all my
customer's servers, back when I was a consultant.

...but hey, at least unbound isn't as bad as DJBDNS ;-)

--
Joey Kelly
Minister of the Gospel and Linux Consultant