[ale] IBM is buying Redhat!

Simba simbalion-ale at tailpuff.net
Sun Oct 28 19:51:59 EDT 2018

Simba Lion - https://tailpuff.net
https://keybase.io/simbalion

"Why is a raven like a writing desk?"
I disagree. IBM has been a supporter of Linux for more than a decade
now, they invented the best line of laptops ever made, which are also
great machines for Linux.

I'm not a big fan of Big Blue, but IBM has done some alright things.

Personally, I've wondered for years how RedHat continues to exist. They
sell free software for not-free prices, without offering any real value,
and their commercial software isn't as good as the free alternatives
(Debian, BSD). I'm fairly sure they have only continued to exist thanks
to millions of dollars in marketing efforts, including a kickass logo.

The only thing I like about RedHat is Ansible, which was purchased by
RedHat, not created by RedHat., which will hopefully continue to exist
and thrive because it's awesome, regardless of all this bureaucracy garbage.