[ale] Connecting to r-pi

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Fri Oct 26 11:56:27 EDT 2018

Actually, lack of good flow control was what inspired me to really learn vi really well. I used to program all the time on a dumb terminal connected to a Unix box, and if you just held down an arrow key to get midway across the screen, the whole session would become jumbled and you'd have to refresh. So I learned all the obscure vi keys to move around the screen and file instead of arrow/page keys. Once internalized, it made me much more efficient even after I had a reliable terminal connection or full desktop.

Scott