[ale] Tee-Hee! Fun with OpenCV

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 13:16:50 EDT 2018

New code! I'm apparently not Happy unless I'm Coding. I've been adventuring
with the opencv library ( http://opencv.org ).  The tutorials are excellent
and fun, and installing opencv 3.4.3 from source on Debian Jessie is pretty
painless.  cmake is so far mysterious though.   Stupid string substitutions
in the CMakeLists.txt file seem to work ok, but I dread the day when I need
to link more than a single object file and the library.  The doc on this
seems slightly opaque.

I've taken a couple of the C++ tutorials and added some file parsers so
that I can, like, experiment with the actual calls instead of just dumping
out boring timing stats.  Code is on my repo (
http://github.com/lemgandi/opencvsrc ).  Y'all are welcome to play with it!

-- CHS