[ale] Building Linux Workstation

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Oct 15 10:43:17 EDT 2018

I thought the 3 ports were optional. MB used the port connected. I have DP to HDMI cables. My desktop does not sleep. LCD on 24/7 no blanking so that will not be a problem.

> As for the power supply, you can get by with a lower wattage power supply when
> using the internal graphics. I actually have an Nvidia Gforce 1060 graphics
> card, which I needed the extra wattage to drive. Don't quote me, but I think
> the MB itself needed at least 300 Watts, but check the specs to be sure. I
> would ordinarily check before I post, but I'm running a little late this
> morning.
A lot more than what I'm running now. I am using J1900 hardware that runs of a 12v power supply. Standard UPS with 7Ah battery can keep it up 30 minutes or so without power.