[ale] DIY NAS vs Boxed NAS?

James Taylor james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Fri Nov 30 17:40:19 EST 2018

I’ve been using sles server based iscsi for shared storage and backup for years.
I recently purchased a Synology ds1815+ to replace it.
It is smaller and has the benefit of name cache.
Part of the reason I replace my current servers with the Synology was that the hardware was getting very long in the tooth for primary storage us, and the new box is way smaller, quieter and uses a lot less power.
-jt