[ale] command line cheat sheet cht.sh

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Wed Nov 7 11:50:47 EST 2018

I just ran across a cool little site cheat.sh aka cht.sh. It's designed to be used from the command line for quick help for bash, python, and many other languages.

For a no-install use, you can type this, for example to
$ curl cht.sh/ls

There's also a short script you can create like this
$ curl https://cht.sh/:cht.sh > ~/bin/cht.sh
$ chmod +x ~/bin/cht.sh

Then you can just type
$ cht.sh ss

There is bash tab completion available. There is also a vim plugin, plus some for other editors.

I only just started playing with it, but it looks promising. Has anyone been using it for a while and found it useful, or been disappointed?

Links:
http://cheat.sh/
https://github.com/chubin/cheat.sh/blob/master/README.md