[ale] CRITICAL LINUX FLAW OPENS THE DOOR TO FULL ROOT ACCESS (RHE)

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu May 17 15:04:53 EDT 2018

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 02:03:22PM -0400, leam hall via Ale wrote:
> That's like blaming PHP the language for bad web pages. If you don't
> filter input you put yourself at risk. Ayers lost credibility since
> the same flaw couple be implemented in most other languages.

Oh, I absolutely blame PHP-the-language.

The language should make it easy to do things the Right Way, and more
difficult to do things badly.  Shell and PHP are particularly bad in
that respect.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Coconut Creek, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^