[ale] Kid's Mode

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed May 9 10:58:07 EDT 2018

ew! cisco! data logging for fun and profit!
I recommend squid proxy with squidguard. It blocks (configurable by
admin user) and logs for later checking.
<snark>I thought the adult sites was how family was started</snark> :-)
On Wed, 2018-05-09 at 14:47 +0000, Chuck Balog via Ale wrote:
> Also easy enough to set OpenDNS FamilyShield. I’ve had a good
> experience with it on my kid’s Fedora workstation.
>
> https://www.opendns.com/setupguide/#familyshield
> On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 6:35 PM James Taylor via Ale <ale at ale.org>
> wrote:
> > openSUSE shouldn't require EFI partition if you install it in
> > legacy mode, and do your own partitioning.
> >
> > I have all of mine installed that way.
> >
> > I'm running Leap15, the latest (in RC at the moment) and it works
> > fine that way.
> >
> > -jt
> >

> > James Taylor
> >
> > 678-697-9420
> >
> > james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

> > Guys,
> >

> > A friend gave me a 2008 Mac Macbook ( White ), I was going to try
> > to run
> >
> > mac os on but, it seem it can only go up to 10.8, nothing runs on
> > that any
> >
> > more.
> >

> > So, I can't install openSUSE, it won't read the EFI correctly, so I
> > have
> >
> > Debian 9 installed on it. This laptop is going to my 6 years old
> > who had
> >
> > been begging me for a laptop. Is there a Kid Desktop? MacOS has
> > that, I
> >
> > used it with my son. I have XFCE installed, I am willing to install
> >
> > something else if it gets the big button on the desk top.
> >

> > She had a tablet, but more and more she wants to be like her
> > parents. This
> >
> > MacBook still has a lot to offer, 4 Gigs of Memory, 320 GB HD, and
> > 2.4 GHz
> >
> > Core Dual, plus a great way for  her to learn.

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/