[ale] VirtualBox Linux guest screen resolution

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sun Jan 28 12:35:33 EST 2018

I want the number of pixels in the virtual screen to be bigger, not just
magnify the screen.  The window was defaulting to 800x600 pixels for the
virtual desktop environment and wouldn't change.  The screen needed to
be bigger for guest applications that use large layouts.

It appears that the issue was KDE's use of graphics acceleration not
being compatible with the acceleration features of the virtualized
graphics card.  I turned off all acceleration and the screen now accepts
larger resolutions but it's just a slightly slower render.