[ale] iptables issues with dual NIC'd hosts?

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Fri Jan 26 13:56:51 EST 2018

I don’t see any iptables rules posted in this thread.   Did I miss them?

Are you sure your outbound traffic to port 3306 on hostB NIC1 is going out hostA NIC1 and not out hostA NIC2?   If you do tcpdump on hostB NIC1 do you see any attempts to reach the port?   How are you verifying access is failing?

Is it possible MySQL itself has a security setting prohibiting hostA NIC2’s IP?   On our Oracle installations we have to be sure Oracle has been configured to allow connections from specific servers or IPs on top of doing iptables rules.