[ale] password hell

Sean kilpatms at comcast.net
Sun Jan 7 06:25:11 EST 2018

I somehow managed to screw up the file that holds the passwords to the
various wireless routers this laptop connects to.  Specifically the
laptop will no longer connect to the wireless routers at my home. It
starts the process and then aborts without an error message on the
upstairs repeater and doesn't even show the primary router (downstairs
in the basement) on the long list of routers used by all my neighbors.
All it will do is connect to an unsecured Comcast router.

I >think< I entered the wrong password at some point during the day and
that is what screwed up everything.  Not a router password, but a
password for accessing yet another password file: it wanted a ROOT
password and I provided the USER password, or the other way round.

Does anyone know the name and location of the file that holds this
data?  I really do not want to have to delete the entire file as that
would cause obvious problems when visiting family and friends. I am
hoping I can simply delete the mangled entry and then recreate it.

Sean