[ale] RHEL use AD server for NTP?

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Wed Jan 3 10:18:00 EST 2018

I'm wondering why that should affect RHEL6 given it does ntp?   We use Windows AD as our time source for all systems including RHEL6.

Having said that, there are a couple of servers that don't seem to hold time properly but I've never delved into the issue.   They are both RHEL6 but we have other RHEL6 servers that I've not noticed any issues with.

Thinking about it now I suspect the ones with issues are having issues because they're in our DMZ - I probably just need to have firewall port opened to internal AD servers for those or use external time source such as those at RedHat.

Jeffrey C. Lightner
Sr. UNIX/Linux Administrator

DS Services of America, Inc.
2300 Windy Ridge Pkwy