[ale] for all you systemd haters...

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Feb 16 14:12:33 EST 2018

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 11:52:03 -0500
Solomon Peachy via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 11:22:20AM -0500, leam hall via Ale wrote:
> > I was thinking "People who actually like Linux."
>
> What does that even mean?

I already posited one theory on what Leam meant, and now a second
possible explanation occurs to me:

Systemd originator and evangelizer in chief Lennart Poettering has
never been shy in stating his dislike of Linux, often going so far as
to negatively compare Linux to Mac and even Windows. Yeah Windows. And
it's clear that systemd makes Linux systems it has been installed on
more like Windows, in terms of reduced diy, and increased program to
program interdependencies. Poettering has several times suggested
ignoring and breaking POSIX, an underpinning of all things UNIXy
including Linux, for the last 30 years.

Poettering doesn't like Linux and created systemd to make Linux less
Linux. A person who likes Linux would therefore not like systemd.

SteveT