[ale] for all you systemd haters...

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:06:38 EST 2018

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 11:52 AM, Solomon Peachy via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 11:22:20AM -0500, leam hall via Ale wrote:
>> I was thinking "People who actually like Linux."
>
> What does that even mean?
>
> BTW, "Linux" is not a hand-wavey concept or a state of being.  It's just
> an operating system kernel, and is rather useless on its own without the
> rest of an operating system around it.  The TIMTOWTDI principle
> definitely applies.
>
> At the same time, one shouldn't discount TIMTOWTDIBSCINABTE either.
>
>  - Solomon

There are many ways not to do it; systemd is one of those ways.

If you need containers and micro-virtualization below the level of
"OS" then something like systemd could be useful. From a standpoint of
the many things that made Linux great, as a kernel and a concept,
systemd is not a good thing.

Leam