[ale] 2017 Backblaze HDD Failure Report

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Feb 2 11:44:44 EST 2018

I have a mix of HGST and WD-Red drives in my storage server.  Had 1 HGST
fail after 3+ yrs, replaced it with a WD-8T disk ($160!!!) and split it
into 2 partitions. I use 4T partitions and don't want to force backups
to be larger than that.

The 8T WD-Red drives were in an external WD USB3 enclosure. ;)  Gotta
watch those model numbers carefully.

Also have some 320G Seagate disks still spinning after all these years.
Zero issues on them. SMART data on them shows ZERO issues still, after
all this time.  Remember when Seagate made really good drives?  Ah ...
the good-ole-days.