[ale] Killfile and move on

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Dec 20 18:55:12 EST 2018

Hi all,

Years ago I wrote the following article:

http://troubleshooters.com/linux/init/killfile.htm

If a tree falls in a forest without ears in hearing distance, did it
make a sound? Do we care?

If a troll starts trouble on a list where everyone's procmailed him
to /dev/null, did he rant? Do we care?

When I realize a poster is a troll or a [provide your own slur here],
rather than replying, I just filter him out of my life. Try it, you
might like it. Good for lowering blood pressure and it's a time saver.
It also does wonder for the list, eliminating whole trees of argument.

I'm sorry I replied just before procmailing the latest guy. The classier
move would have been to silently filter him.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2018 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21