[ale] Replacing shared host?

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 07:53:02 EST 2018

Hey all, I need to move into this century. After almost 20 years with
the same shared host, the tech support that has been farmed out to keeps
making the service useless.

My needs are pretty simple, a few web pages. In theory I'll grow to PHP
7 and MySQL in the back end, but right now I need to write web pages and
scp them up to the host. I have some time to move things over, thus time
to learn something if necessary. I do not want to run a the server in my
house.

Is it time to move to something like Digital Ocean droplets, or AWS?
Long term it looks like DO costs more and you get less, but I just don't
know yet.

Thoughts and recommendations?

Leam