[ale] Adroid Hack on friend's phone

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Dec 13 15:21:01 EST 2018

If she is worried about any hacking, the best bet is to Wipe the phone and reload the factory install.
Depending on the phone brand, It could be a fairly easy process.
If it's an iphone, I think it can be done through the apple process.
Last time I had to mess with it (a number of years ago) it used itunes.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> David Jackson via Ale <ale at ale.org> 12/13/2018 3:14 PM >>>
Hi,

I was helping to teach a class last night and a young lady asked me for
some help afterwards.  It seems an ex-boyfriend has hacked her Android
phone and gotten into her wifi.

She showed me a script on her phone that looked like a normal init script
for a linux device, but I don't know Androids from Asteroids, so I thought
I'd ask here:

Can she join the list and post her questions?  (She needs to use public PCs
I guess)

Are there some folks here who could help her out?

Can anyone still subscribe to the mailing list?

Thanks!

Dave