[ale] Fun with Slink!!

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 12:04:49 EST 2018

On Thu, 2018-12-13 at 11:46 -0500, James Sumners via Ale wrote:
> 🙂 Slink is what I started on.

7 Slackware floppy images (4 kernel plus base system and 3 networking)
downloaded over a dialup connection to Prodigy.
Had to learn a bit of scripting in dos as my wife would pick up the
phone to see if I was online. So I scripted the downloads to start late
at night :-)  Still each floppy often took 3-4 downloads before the
checksum would verify.

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain