[ale] DIY NAS vs Boxed NAS?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Dec 4 09:33:37 EST 2018

I worry about

a) Data corruption / software bugs / human stupidity
b) HW failures
c) Lightning damage / Tornado
c) Fire destroying the building

in that order.  I've experienced all of the first 3 faults.  Had about
$400 in computer stuff fried by lightning over the years.  Not the
computers, just peripherals.

The most common problem is human stupidity, which makes verioned backups
absolutely critical for me. ;)