[ale] Metasploit vs Shodan

Arie vW willigen.van.a at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 19:30:09 EST 2018

What exactly are you looking for? nmap is the go-to port scanner (in my
experience).
Metasploit is more of a exploitation tool although it does have some
auxiliary scanning modules too.
I may not have fully understood your question, but I do know the majority
of tools can be downloaded on any distro so there is no need to jump to
Kali unless you want the whole shebang. Kali does have an ARM image
nowadays I believe, but like I said, depending on what exactly you're
looking for, probably a lot of unnecessary stuff.
Also, check out nessus, I haven't played with it too much (I think there's
a free version) but it kinda lays it out like shodan from what I remember.

Arie