[ale] wifi laptop with wifi hot spot

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 13:55:51 EDT 2018

ALErs,

I'm trying to set up a laptop (Fedora 28) to be connected to the local wifi
network, and to provide limited wifi access as a hotspot via a second wifi
interface

Previously (Fedora 26ish), I was able to do this with hostapd, but under
Fedora 28, it seems to be having conflicts with wpa_supplicant.  I have not
been able to find the latest incantations to get wpa_supplicant to control
the one regular network interface, and leave the other one unmanaged, so
hostapd can control that one for the hotspot service.

Now, I cannot get the wlan interface to be managed normally and the second
to be unmanaged.  I blame the systemd cutover for the lack of useful
results from Google, since everything I find references NetworkManager, or
running wpa_supplicant manually.

--
Pete Hardie
--------