[ale] Laptop without LCD panel (running Linux)

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Sun Aug 12 23:12:44 EDT 2018

You should be able to switch the video at boot before the OS.  I've had
three laptops that all showed boot screens on external monitors.
Usually it takes flipping the output using the Fn key and one of the
upper row function keys during that period to make it switch.

The signals on the cable to the LCD panel are not usually one of the
common formats.  It's typically something only the LCD driver itself
will understand so finding an adapter is not likely.