[ale] SNMP oid for file descriptors

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 14:21:59 EDT 2018

Why not pull the number of file handles you have: "sysctl fs.file-nr" and compare it to current open file handles “lost |wc -l” and do a multi-graph for the metrics.  Then, also subtract the two and alert when you get below whatever threshold you want?

I think you should be able to knock that out in BASH or Perl.

—j