[ale] GA SB 315 Veto Effort

Scott M. Jones eff at dragoncon.org
Thu Apr 12 13:11:06 EDT 2018

SB 315 has passed the full legislature and is now on the Governor's desk
for signing or veto.  We have information that the Governor's staff will
be reviewing the bill with Governor Nathan Deal next week, and we have a
unique window of opportunity to provide input into the process.

AS AN INDIVIDUAL:

If you would like to speak in favor of veto, you can do so by:

1) Calling the Governor's office at 404-656-1776.  Please state your
intentions respectfully.

2) Fill out the Governor's comment form on his web site:

https://gov.georgia.gov/webform/contact-governor

3) Fill out the EFF form which simply forwards the request to option 2
above, but a letter of opposition is provided and you don't have to
write one.  You can change the letter to suit your own needs though.

https://eff.org/vetosb315

Please DON'T do both #2 and #3 as they ultimately go to the same place,
just make a choice.  You can call and fill out the form though (#1 and
#3 OR #1 and #2).

IF YOU OWN OR ARE C-LEVEL (CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) AND CAN SPEAK FOR YOUR
BUSINESS:

1) We have a sign-on letter reserved for those in a technology
leadership position.  At this point we are looking for at least 10 more
company representatives with a presence in Georgia to round out the 40
signatories we have already.  Please reply DIRECTLY to me and I can send
out a copy of the letter, but I won't be posting it to a public list at
this point.  You should hold the letter in confidence for the next two
weeks.

2) If you want to write your own letter on behalf of your company, we
have a contact at the Office of Planning and Budget AND an industry
association representative who can forward your concerns in a letter
form.  Please forward to me directly OR contact me and I will give you
the email addresses directly.  They will NOT be posted on a public list.

DEADLINES:
Deadline for the sign-on letter is MONDAY APRIL 16, 11:00AM ET.
Deadline to forward your concerns to the OPB/industry contact is
tomorrow FRIDAY APRIL 13, 5:00PM ET.  You can take the individual
actions any time but it is MOST EFFECTIVE if done by 8:00AM MONDAY APRIL
16th.

THANKS for your participation!

YES you can participate if you are OUTSIDE of Georgia and depend on a
Georgia-based product or service.  We prefer to have more Georgia-based
individuals or companies in the mix so it does not look like all of the
opposition is coming from California, etc.

Thanks,
Scott