[ale] Hypervisors and such

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Sat Apr 7 12:19:57 EDT 2018

I've been running libvirt + KVM + virt-manager on my (Gentoo) laptop for
about six years now (switched from virtualbox).  When I built my latest
office server, I noted that Ubuntu Server's 16.04 LTS had caught up to
the formerly bleeding edge KVM stuff I wanted, so I set it up that way.

Delighted.  I only needed to use the virsh CLI to give libvirt access to
my volume groups as storage pools.  The virt-manager gui handles pretty
much everything else.