[ale] [OT] Document formatter?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Apr 2 09:22:36 EDT 2018

I've been using textile instead of MD.  Personal choice.  Find it is
cleaner and less typing, but much less popular.

Getting PDF output uses a few external programs.  I've never bothered to
get it working, but I do generate HTML, TXT, and S5 presentations using
pandoc.

A few examples - to make it easier to get started:

pandoc -s -T "$TITLE" --standalone --slide-level=3 -f textile \
    -t plain  $ROOT.md -o $ROOT.txt
pandoc -s -T "$TITLE" --toc --standalone --slide-level=3 -f textile \
    -t s5 $ROOT.md -o $ROOT.html

If the S5 CSS and JS aren't available, a single HTML file is displayed.