[ale] Future-proofing a house for networking -- what to run?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Sep 11 09:33:47 EDT 2017

Hi Alers,

If you had the ability to future-proof your house (imagine open studs,
so you could run anything you wanted), what would you run.  Assume a max
of 6 cables per drop?

Last time I ran 4x Cat6A and 2x RG6.  However I'm never using both RG6
F-connectors, so I figured I could replace that with something else.
And before you ask, yes, I *AM* using all 4 RJ45 connectors in some of
my drops (and in one place I wish I had MORE Rj45).  So, what else
should I run?

My current theory is 4x Cat6A, 1x RG6, and 1x Fiber.

However I'm not sure what kind of "fiber" to run, nor what kind of
connector I should use.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745