[ale] Installfest do's and dont's....

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Sep 10 10:23:45 EDT 2017

Show up. Bring your knowledge.  Have fun!

The answer to all the other questions is "it depends."

Generally, we don't ever need to open anything. The owner would do that,
if it is needed.
It is more about teaching the person that slamming Linux onto a HDD.
Learning to install Linux on THEIR MACHINE is the basic skill we want
them learning. All levels of users will be attending.

Volunteers really shouldn't touch the computer at all.
The owner should do all the typing, mousing, media handling.

Thanks for volunteering!

We had a full room at the pre-install meeting yesterday with just a few
empty seats.  A few people took extra forms for their friend who
couldn't make it.