[ale] Is this a good deal

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 10:16:04 EDT 2017

Good email.  Thank You
I am under constant confusion.  I was at the ALE  Sunday meets last weekend
and before that.  I am trying to build a PC where I can record the
SiliconDust output to the disk and stream that to my roku or appletv or
chromecast. (whichever is easy)

I have gotten great advise about this but what I am have understood so far
is that a fast CPU is a must for transcoding from the recorded mpeg2 to
.264 format.

As Steve has pointed out if I get an i7 (dont know about Ryzen as reliable)
and put like 32GB of RAM on it would I be able to do both transcoding and
run say 2 or 3 VM's on them ? or am I stretching it too much.

-N