[ale] OT-old password managers and family...

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Oct 24 11:05:52 EDT 2017

I use keepassX (looking at XC), but used to use a non-networked PalmPilot Pro in
the 1990s.  It wasn't a 1-trick pony, though compared to our networked personal
tracking devices everyone (including me) carry everywhere, it was with the 15
tricks it did.  The Palm still works, BTW.

The issue with a C64 solution is lack of portability. Besides that, I like it,
though a TRS-80 Model 1 would be more secure - fewer knowledgeable users. ;)

For many humans, a piece of paper near their computer with the login / half the
password is plenty secure.  Just append/prepend some standard other part of the
password to every login.  This assumes they treat that paper like they would a
$500 bill and don't leave it clearly out.  I do something like that with my
yubikey logins that aren't networked.