[ale] remap domains at the router level

Scott M. Jones eff at dragoncon.org
Wed Oct 18 16:01:19 EDT 2017

Has to be done by DNS, not by the router, unless your router is more
capable than most.  Most routers won't do this.

IF this is a laptop or desktop type system you may be able to place an
entry in the local "hosts" file (/etc/hosts or equivalent).  For mobile
devices, IOT, set-top, you have to do a DNS solution.

Some routers will not let you change to a custom DNS which further
complicates matters.

If this is strictly HTTP, you could set up an HTTP redirector on your
local network, assuming you can do something about DNS/name resolution.

If the target site is using virtual hosting then changing the 'A' record
may not be enough to get the intended effect because the browser URL
will matter.

I think we need more details.

-Scott