[ale] Preferred Linux under Docker?

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Tue May 16 10:59:32 EDT 2017

True enough.   Doing things the RIGHT way takes time.

Of course a little bit of PLANNING might avoid delays but usually devs are on tight deadlines to deliver so often they want to rush things.   My experience has been that as often as not new code breaks things.    Worse yet it often breaks things that were previously fixed because a lot of devs squirrel away code to use because source code control is viewed as an impedance to their jobs.   More than once in my life I’ve had to go and wipe hidden code saves from dev home directories because they didn’t want to do it the RIGHT way but rather the FAST way for them.