[ale] Distro without systemd

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed May 10 20:42:05 EDT 2017

I use at home the same stuff I do at work. Minimizes my mental
cross-polination so the admin stuff at home is easy. My work stuff is far
more complicated than the few desktops/laptops, a firewall, some file
services and a mail/web server I have at home.

So far, all the systemd issues I've had have been pebkac problems. Ditto
for SELinux.

Don't want systemd? Probably stuck with an older distro (security issues)
or a smaller user base one (fewer eyes on the bugs) or a BSD something. Or
FreeDOS (totally rocks!). I think Gentoo has a build without systemd as
does archLinux.