[ale] What's my job title?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed May 10 11:06:47 EDT 2017

Everything I've ever seen has said anyone can use the term engineer as long
as it's not used with or implied with professional.

Without the connotation of professional, it's just another HR pigeonhole.

With professional it's a legally binding thing that equates a government
certified and validated set of skills.

A person with a PhD is not a certified Doctor.

Until there is a statewide/nationwide exam for sysadmins, it's going to
continue to be marketing hype (rhce is a good assessment of skills - not
slamming it or cisco. M$cse is far lesser)