[ale] semi OT: Network/cable modem tests ?

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Mon May 1 08:11:31 EDT 2017

I just bought Docsis 3 modem from Microcenter to replace my Docsis 2 one. I
didn't have to because Docsis 2 modem is good enough to handle my 30/6
tier. The only reason I got it I though there will be benefit from more
download/upload channels like lower latency or improved lag/jitter for my
kids gaming.

So far no improvement I would say. Even I think download speed for newer
modem is slightly lower  and not that consistent. I have to do more tests
to confirm that.

So to justify buying this modem I have to find reason to keep it.

Can you guys/lads think of any network tests that I can run and get some
better results?

Otherwise is going back in the box and Microcenter.

Thank you.