[ale] Secure Family Comms

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Wed Mar 22 16:15:07 EDT 2017

On 2017-03-22 12:31, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> On 03/22/2017 02:00 PM, Alex Carver wrote:
>> I want to see something that is easy for my parents to use.
>
> Might be worth looking at RestroShare.
>
> http://retroshare.net/
> "Retroshare creates encrypted connections to your friends. Nobody can
> spy on you. Retroshare is completely decentralized. This means there are
> no central servers. It is entirely Open-Source and free. There are no
> costs, no ads and no Terms of Service."

Interesting though I don't think I'd be able to convince them to run two
systems.  Regular email is already taxing them.  I could possibly
convince them to switch to a local client (Thunderbird, etc.) that still
gives them access to their normal email.  The trick would have been some
kind of integration such that it was  automatic PGP when sending to me
and not when sending to other people.