[ale] PGP/GPG

Kyle Brieden kyle at txmoose.com
Wed Mar 22 12:20:48 EDT 2017

Howdy all,

I've recently made a concerted effort to get back to using GPG keys with
email for signing and, when possible, encryption.  I learned about it
nearly a decade ago when I was first getting into Linux, but fell off
when it became more of a hassle than a help.  That being said, with
everything that is happening these days (wikileaks vault 7 drop?), I am
more security conscious, and I am more steady-state with the devices
that I use day to day.

On my desktop, I'm using the new keybase.io desktop client, which is
very nice.  If anyone would like more information about keybase.io or
invites, please let me know, as I have a good few to hand out.  On my
cell phone, I'm using OpenKeychain in conjunction with K-9 Mail.  It
works beautifully, and has some very nice features for key
signing/sharing etc.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.sufficientlysecure.keychain
  My email server uses RoundCube, which has a very nice enigma plugin
that makes using keys much more simple.

Does anyone have any good workflows for using keys for signatures and
encryption that could help the rest of us out?

Is anyone interested in a key signing event soon?

Thanks!

---
Very respectfully,
Kyle Brieden