[ale] Not scanned! Re: Update ifcfg-eth0 file from command line? (need to re-ip 50 servers)

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Mar 20 10:26:33 EDT 2017

Purging nm-* and nano is SOP here.

I would purge pulse-audio too, but firefox requires it now for any sound
to work. They remove ALSA support.

OTOH, NM isn't nearly as poorly implemented as systemd, which is
confused by my bridge settings and doesn't support restarting the
subsystem.  It doesn't handle the dependencies between the physical
interfaces and the bridges connected with each correctly.

Newer isn't always better.

And as much as I seem to like Ansible, it sometimes feels like a
stinking pile of crap ... like this morning where apt isn't working via
ansible, but copy/paste of the debug info into the host being managed
works perfectly.

On 03/20/2017 09:44 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Unless it's a centos 7 or fedora 24 or later. Then NetworkManager works
> rather well.
>
> Prior versions were miserable crap.
>
> On Mar 20, 2017 9:32 AM, "Jerald Sheets" <questy at gmail.com
> <mailto:questy at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Indeed.
>
>     And beware the NetworkManager.  Big stinking piece o’ crap right there.
>
>     —j
>

>>     On Mar 20, 2017, at 9:01 AM, Lightner, Jeffrey
>>     <JLightner at dsservices.com <mailto:JLightner at dsservices.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     As at least one other has said be sure to save copies of the
>>     original ifcfg-<ifc> files.____

Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media
centers, and servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT
professionals.