[ale] Update ifcfg-eth0 file from command line? (need to re-ip 50 servers)

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Sat Mar 18 20:21:10 EDT 2017

Is it possible to edit the ifcfg-eth0 file (RHEL6) from the command line?
On my Windows servers I can use the  netsh command to make the change (I
wrote a VMware PowerCLI script to update Windows already).  If I have to use
sed or whatever, that's fine. I was just curious if there were an easier
way.

One of our hosted customers wants us to re-IP all of their servers and I
definitely don't want to log into each server to make the change. :p

(Side note. I do have Salt running in the environment also.)  Ugh. that
reminds me.. Salt doesn't like it when servers get re-IPd..

Thanks,

/Raj