[ale] Ansible

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Mar 14 11:50:29 EDT 2017

On 03/14/2017 11:15 AM, leam hall wrote:
> So...now that folks are talking about Ansible my memeber sat in my cube
> and said it might be something to look at. Is there a free version to
> learn and demo on? I saw the free tower trial but normally ramp up times
> for us are a bit longer than 30-90 days. I'd probably wind up installing
> it at home as well, to figure out.

Don't know anyone who uses the paid version of ansible.

It takes about 20 minutes to be managing 1 config file across 1 or 1,000
systems with ansible. There was a nice intro video last time I looked.

If you have more than 1,000 systems, Salt is probably a better starting
point, IMHO.

Ansible is one of the few tools that I get from github, not the package
manager on my admin box.  Only needs to be installed onto 1 machine.
The packaged version in the distro repos are generally too out of date
to be used.