[ale] somewhat OT - FreedomPop plan

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 20:16:10 EST 2017

Verizon has always had the best coverage, especially in the more remote
area, originally by virtue of their extensive network of analog towers,
which surely have long since been converted to digital, their G3 network
along with Sprint's and US Cellular was CDMA, which seems to be moribund as
at least all US carriers convert to LTE, which is a GSM technology. Since
the rest of the world pretty much runs GSM and all other US carriers do as
well, I doubt that Verizon doing away with CDMA would have any impact on
the G3 watches and other devices. I would even go so far as to wager that
these devices wouldn't work on Verizon anyway, unless they are LTE/GSM
devices (running 4G) vs. LTE/CDMA devices as are the Verizon/Sprint phones.
I have never heard of CDMA watches, etc. have any of you?