[ale] problems w/ mailing list subscriptions

Terry Countryman tcountryman at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 9 12:53:50 EST 2017

(I’m sorry if this topic has been discussed already on the ALE list. I’ve been away from e-mail for a bit this week.)

In the last day or 2, I have noticed that my e-mail filtering for many of the mailing lists that I’m subscribed to has “broken”.  I got to diagnosing the problem(s) today and I’m finding that somebody is re-writing the message headers and changing the mailing list addresses that messages should have been sent from (or “To:”) into something like “h.r at XXXXNNN.prodigy.net”.   I get most of my mailing list traffic via bellsouth.net/att.net/yahoo.com, but I have not traced this issue back far enough to know if it starts with this ISP/e-mail service or if the problem starts somewhere else.

Has anybody else run into this problem?

	Terry