[ale] electronic hell

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 12:22:13 EST 2017

Some good news to report.  A T-Mobile tech was able to bypass the
Google inspired security crappola and get the phone working again --
but data was hosed in the process. Lost pix and calendar data.
Back to the more worrisome headache.  The laptop. The problem lies
with the KDE PIM app, which in its current state is a mess. Especially
the email function, which I really need to have working.  So I ran
<dnf remove akonadi>.  That got rid of most of the mess, including the
files in /home.  But somewhere there is a daemon still running which
continues to scarf up all emails as soon as they appear on the mail
server.  I don't know where they go -- probably into /dev/null.  I
need to locate that daemon and drive a stake through its evil heart. I
have looked in /var/log and the maillog files are empty.

The only other thing I know to do is to wade through /var/log/messages
looking for I do not know what trying to find a reference to it -- and
hope I will recognize it when I see it.

Clues would be appreciated.

Sean